Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Can you say "Homey"?

My friend, Cristina, AKA HomeSlice, will be here tomorrow! I'm giddy with excitement and anticipation. I'm nearly jumping out of my skin.

I was nervous about this visit a few weeks ago. Like super nervous. What if she didn't have a good time? What if Ellie decided to be a screeching banshee and we couldn't do anything? What if, what if?

That all changed when I got the email from Homey, stating she'd booked the hotel. All the fear and anxiety flew out the window to be replaced by a crazy, exhilerating energy.

I'm stoked to meet this wonderful woman I've been chatting with since last fall. I'm psyched to finally get to give her a hug and hang out with her and laugh and scream like schoolgirls.

I'm thrilled to meet her daughters, and I've been talking about Cristina, Arden, and Lily incessantly to both Harry and Ellie. I can't wait to see Ellie play with Arden and Lily; she's gonna love them.

And I've been trying to get Ellie to say Homey; I know Cristina is a little too tough for my 19 month old, but with a little coaxing, I think she can manage Homey.

Just one more day! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...