Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Mama?" "Yes, Ellie?" "Ahhhhhh!"

Ellie's absolute new favorite word? Mama!

I got an extra day with my little girl this past weekend, and I savored every minute of it. And I guess Ellie really liked it, too.

By Friday afternoon, Ellie realized that if she asked, "Mama?" directly to me, I would answer her with a "What?" or a "Yes, Ellie?" This little exchange seemed to send her over the moon with joy.

So, naturally, after a while, she realized she needed to reply to my question. Since she didn't actually have anything to say to me, she felt a little scream would be sufficient. Hence, the title of this entry...

This went on all Saturday, too. At the grocery store, playing on the sofa, hanging out on the swingset, in the car... you name it. I have never seen a child get such pleasure out of a conversation.

Eventually, she realized she could say other things besides the scream, so she's been trying out random words and sayings as the days have gone by.

She also surprised Teri and I with a very clear "Bye Mom!" as I was leaving for work Monday morning. It was one of those cup-runneth-over things, for sure.

And last but not least, Ellie learned on Monday night that an empty house with hardwood floors makes an amazing echo. She couldn't get enough of hearing her voice bounce back to her when we went house viewing. Lots of "Hello?" "Hi!" "Yeah" and "Bye". Too cute.

I can't believe how quickly she's growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...