Saturday, June 21, 2008

Not new homeowners yet

I made a deal with my dad. We're ready to buy a house.

Unfortunately, while waiting for my sister to NOT get her loan, we lost the opportunity to put in an offer for the house we wanted. Between this past Monday and Thursday, someone not only made an offer on the house, but already got the home inspection done AND is ready to close. Yeah. I knew they wanted to sell that house fast; I was hoping to use that to my advantage. I was crushed when I found out.

So I asked about our second choice, and wouldn't you know it, someone just put a bid on that one, too, this past week. WTH? This house had been on the market for over 100 days without a bite, and then, BAM! Just when we get ready to make an offer, it's gone.

We moved onto our third choice (all the houses were really 1st choices, but we had to have some kind of system, ya know?), and that was still available. There was also a bank-owned home Harry had seen last week that we were interested in seeing because they said they were going to be dropping the price like hella low. Like "HOLY CRAP WE CAN GET A 15-YEAR-MORTGAGE-LOW." So we went to go see that house yesterday before we decided to place the offer for house #3.

The outside of the house looked fine. We noticed a few roof shingles looked like they were coming up, but that's about all. As we got to the house, a thunderstorm started. As we walked in the front door, the rain came pouring down. We were greeted by 3 humongous holes in the wall of the living room. Someone was certainly angry before they left.

The walls also had some kind of plaster treatment, reminiscent of stucco but not quite achieving the affect. Yuck. The kitchen had no appliances, but no biggie there. Then we saw there was also no basement. That was doable, though we were hoping to have one. The bedrooms had that same stucco-like walls downstairs, but the sizes were OK.

We moved on to the 2nd floor where there were 2 more bedrooms. We climb the stairs and take a left and are greeted by the words "PUSSY FUCK" written in 2 foot high red crayon on one wall, bible verses and such on the opposite wall, and the word REDRUM written several times at the entrance. Yeah.

In the other room, Harry found out why the roof looked the way it did. Someone had taken a broom and shoved it through the ceiling, purposely lifting up the roofing shingles. Yes, this person was a very angry individual. They fucked up the house because the bank took it away.

Even before I saw the writing on the wall (literally), I was getting a bad vibe from the house. The realtor admitted he had, too. Bad mojo, for sure. So we decided to leave right away. Both of us had our kids with us, and, well, we don't need to keep them in that kind of environment. It honestly felt like the anger that person released seeped right into the walls of that house. I know some people don't believe in that kind of thing, but I certainly do.

So we drove back to our house to write up an offer for the 3rd house. We got it all together, and our realtor needed to get his baby home, saying he would call the realtor of the 3rd house on the way to make the offer.

Not 10 minutes later he calls back to tell us that someone else just put an offer in not 1 hour before. You've got to be fucking kidding me! This can't be the norm. Something like this can't happen to everyone.

So we've been waiting around all day to hear from them, and nothing. My realtor left a message for the other realtor at 4pm and hasn't received a call back. He tried to call again at 7pm, but the guy's voicemail inbox is full. Just our luck.

So in the meantime, we decided to try and find a few other houses we could look at. I'm not just gonna sit around with my thumb up my butt while these people decide. According to our offer, they were supposed to get back to us by 5pm today. Technically, the offer is null and void. If we decide we like one of these new houses better, we're pulling that offer. Screw that.

Oh, and did I mention that my dad wants us out of here by August 1st? I've been trying to get out of living here for 10 years, and now, all of a sudden, I'm being shoved out.

So everyone keep crossing your fingers for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...