Monday, August 25, 2008

Just Stuff

We had a great weekend. We played outside a little, did our grocery shopping, and Harry and I even got to go out for a couple of hours on Saturday night (STILL no Dark Knight, though, damn the movie theatres here!). We did a little shopping, and I picked up a really cute knee length black coat for the fall. Go me.

We also tried a new recipe this weekend, courtesy of my friend, Kristin. Kristin is once again venturing into the world of vegetarianism. Go Kristin. My husband would never go for it, so we're carnivores for life. Heh heh. That doesn't mean I don't like a vegetarian dish every once and again.

Let me tell you, this easy to prepare burger is delicious. I was floored at the flavors. Harry was won over, as well, and he doesn't even like onions. I substituted vidalia instead of red, hoping it wouldn't be too powerful for his palate. I was right. So we're adding this to our weekly meals. Yum.

In other news, Ellie's vocabulary has pretty much doubled this past month. It's freakin' incredible. And she started to speak in short sentences. It's mostly things that start with "I ...", my absolute favorite being "I OK". My mom started a game with her on Saturday, asking Ellie, "Ellie, are you OK?" when Ellie slipped off the ottoman (on purpose), and Ellie gleefully responding, "I OK." It was just too damn cute.

She also surprised us with "Grammy's here" on Saturday, especially since she hasn't said "Grammy" yet. My mom was pleased, of course.

It just amazes me, how she picks everything up so quickly. She's big into pointing objects out now, too. She loves the look on my face when she does it. "Flower." "Bear." "SLIDE!" Her memory is phenomenal, too, and she totally gets if I say I'm going to take something away because she's not behaving... "Nooooooo!" Yeah, I don't like that one so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...