Monday, February 23, 2009

Finally!

Since I started up Tattooed Mommy, I have been meaning to c&p all of my old my two bits and coffee whore blog entries from 2004 and 2005. And I've been entirely too lazy to do it. We're talking like 600 entries. Yeah, imagine how long THAT would take? Just doing May 2004 alone took hours.

This past weekend, I decided to bite the bullet and just do it (I'm a poet... blah blah blah). Instead of doing separate entries for each one written, I did one long entry for each month. It still took a long time, but it looks good so I'm happy.

The reason I wanted to add all the old entries was because, well, they are most definitely a part of HOW I became a tattooed mommy. I started blogging just a few months after Harry and I got married, a few months into trying to become a mommy. Re-reading that journey this past weekend has been pretty mindblowing.

I also came to the realization that I was/am a pretty phenomenal writer. Yes, I don't know the meaning of modesty. It's just reading words and thoughts and speculations from a much younger (and way more naive) me has made me see me for who I was and who I am. She was sad, confused, funny, genius, talented, and all around interesting. And now, well now I'm still funny, genius, talented, and all around interesting. I'm obviously my biggest fan.

I didn't realize how much baggage I was still carrying around with me then. It surprised me. And yet, it made me into the person I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...