Friday, February 6, 2009

A Wee Babe at Rest

I woke up early this morning due to my throat feeling like it's on fire. Yay for winter colds.

I showered and dressed, my normal morning routine. At 7, I opened Ellie's door and found her buried underneath her covers, sound asleep. She looked so comfy, so warm, so peaceful, I didn't have the heart to wake her just yet.

Instead, I sat down on the floor and watched her sleep. I stared in awe of this little being I helped create. I felt my heart swell as I watched her take a breath in, then slowly exhale it out. My eyes welled up, seeing how very much she looks like me when I was a little girl, right down to the full, pouty lips and the little, pug nose.

I sat there for 15 to 20 minutes or so, just waiting for her to wake up. When she finally did, she looked over at me and smiled.

My life is so complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...