Monday, February 2, 2009

Happiness

I am in an extremely good mood this morning! Yes, I'm shouting!

This past week, I took a long, hard look at myself and decided that I needed to get myself out of this "I hate my body" funk. So, I started up my online eating journal again, documenting everything I eat during the day to see what I'm actually ingesting. I also took my friend, Cathy's, advice and cut some of the fruit out of my diet, replacing it with protein. The woman is a genius.

I have a terrible sweet tooth, and the more of it I eat, the more I crave. To ward off consuming massive amounts of chocolate and cake (and chocolate cake), I was eating fruit instead... apples, bananas, grapes, melon, etc. Eating these things just made me want more and more and more, especially at night while we're watching TV.

I substituted a small whole wheat pita with hummus for one of my fruit snacks and a part-skim cheese stick for the second one I eat later on in the day. The difference is impressive. I haven't craved anything sugary for days now. That in and of itself is a miracle.

And the proof that it's working... I lost 2 lbs this week. Hurrah!

I also decided it was time to treat myself to a little extravagance. I have a little stash of cash I've been saving for a rainy day, so it was high time I spent it and splurged. My first purchase was some new makeup. I decided to go with Afterglow, a vegan mineral makeup comparable to Bare Escentual's Bare Minerals but completely natural. The first time I tried it, I didn't really see what was so great about it. It didn't give much coverage. I wasn't sold on it being as amazing as the reviews I read.

The next day, I put it on again, and an hour later I caught my reflection in a mirror. Holy crap! My skin looks awesome!

Day 3, and I catch my reflection in the mirror again. I'm completely floored. I suddenly look like I did when I was 25. I lurve, lurve, lurrrrrrvvvvve this makeup. I think I'm going to buy stock in it.

Besides the makeup, I also decided to buy myself some new face wash stuff. On recommendation, I went with some Origins products. I haven't received them yet, but I will report back later on how awesome it is (or isn't).

Lastly, I went and got a haircut yesterday. My stylist ended up cutting a little more than I wanted off, but I have to admit I love how it came out in the end. I also got a free shampoo to boot, which is always awesome.

Add in a date night with my amazing husband Friday night, a wonderful visit with my friend, Dawn, on Saturday, complete with a delicious bottle of vino called Erath, and an extremely clingy but loving little girl hanging around my neck for most of the weekend, and you've got one seriously happy thirty-something woman.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...