Friday, September 25, 2009

A million and one

I've had a million and one things to say lately (don't I always?) but I just can't seem to get them out. I feel a little out-of-sorts, and I can't put my finger on exactly why.

I've been taking a long, hard look at myself lately because while I should be happy, and while my life is wonderful, and although my daughter makes me deliriously feel like I am the luckiest person alive, there is something missing. I have no idea what that thing is, but it's not where it should be. Does that make any sense?

Things I have noticed:

I no longer like long, lingering kisses. WTF? Seriously? My body just doesn't react to them. It sucks. I don't know where this aversion suddenly came from, but it can go to hell.

I wish Harry would want to read a book and discuss it with me. There, I said it. Dammit. Just try! Ugh.

I roll my eyes too much. I get aggravated too often. I am quick to judge. I need things done my way.

There really are too many stupid people in the world.

Appearances can be deceiving.

So I'm working on it. I'm always working on it. I'm a work-in-progress.

I woke up in a very good mood today. That's always nice. I went out for coffee with a friend earlier this week, and I have another coffee date slated for tomorrow and yet another one for next weekend, as well. I'm trying to focus more at the office. I get sidetracked easily nowadays, and I don't want it to affect my job. Being employed is too important to mess it up because I can't concentrate.

And the biggest news... I booked a ticket to FLA for the end of the year. It's a short trip, just a Saturday to a Tuesday, but it's a trip about me. Harry and Ellie are staying home while I spend a few days with my mom at her new house. I'll also be meeting up with Annita and Becs! I am very much looking forward to it.

All this is just the tip of the iceberg of all the thoughts that have been running through my brain lately, but I have to start somewhere. I have to get it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...