Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My eyes look all wonky in my profile photo

What's up with that? I look possessed or something. It's only on the work computer, too. My laptop doesn't make my eyes pop out all 3D like that. Weirdness. Am I demonic-looking on yours? Just curious.

Anyway, I had a very nice 3-day weekend. I got to go visit my niece, Jes, up at Central. She's now a junior, and this is the first time I've gotten up there. Shame on me. We had a nice coffeetalk at the local Starbucks there (I may complain about their coffee, but this particular Starbucks had an AWESOME patio). After realizing it's a mere 48 minute drive from my doorway to her parking lot, I'm kicking myself in the ass for not visiting sooner. I'll definitely be up again in the future.

Sunday we had playdate, which is always fun. Harry got to go visit our friends, Luke and Laura (yes, that's really their names), and they're new baby, Luke Jr. Unfortunately, I've had a cold the past week, so I couldn't go. Sadness. I really wanted to see the baby. We'll have to visit again soon. My mom also made us dinner Sunday night which is always nice because A) we get to visit with her, B) Ellie loves going to her house, C) Mom is an awesome cook, and D) I don't have to cook when she does.

On Monday we decided to hit the zoo. We've gone to the zoo a lot this summer. We have a yearly pass, and it's only 5 minutes from our house. Ellie likes to see the animals, but her absolute favorite part is going on the carousel. She has to ride the elephant. HAS TO. She starts talking about it the moment we enter the zoo. She's fanatical about the elephant. I'm not looking forward to the day that someone else gets to the elephant first. Good Lord all Hell will break loose.

Mornings at the zoo are always a good idea for us because it tires Ellie out. After Sunday sans nap, there was no way I was letting her get away with it Monday. She was a little crankypuss on Sunday, and I wanted to run away. Seriously. I would have come back!

So the zoo and a big lunch totally tuckered the little one out, and she took a long nap Monday afternoon. And so did I. I LOVE taking naps. I wish I could take one every day. After naps, we went to the beach to let Ellie play on the swings and playsets. Seems she has a preference to playsets in our town. Figures she likes the one at the beach more; it's 10 minutes away and crazy busy. I prefer the one 2 minutes down the street. Eh.

We ended the day with a special treat dinner from Wendy's. Ellie, the pickiest eater of the year, REALLY likes fast food. Go figure. She doesn't get it that often (from us anyway), but I do so love to watch her enjoying her food. She ate a small fry, a jr. cheeseburger, and 1/2 a small frosty for dinner. That's more than she normally eats in an entire day! She kept making "mmmmm" noises and smacking her lips while eating. Totally cracked me up. This is also the girl that doesn't like meat... unless it's a fast food hamburger. Weird.

I wish we had had another day together today. The weekend went by so quickly. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...