Thursday, April 22, 2010

Facelift

I needed some new digs. Hopefully the new name and look will help the creative juices flow. It's pretty to look at either way. And the new name kicks ass, if I do say so myself.

What's been going on... lots of work, time spent with Ellie, reading, the norm.

Spring is here, and we actually have a spring. Love it. It's been a while for CT to actually experiences weeks of 60* weather. We've been going from 40 to 90 right back to 40 to 90 again for the past few years now. It kinda sucked ass. The sunshine is wonderful, the flowers are in bloom, and I've spent countless hours outside already this season. 2 downsides (yes, there's always a downside): I developed allergies (luckily, they've abated) and because of my iron deficiency, I'm still always friggin' cold unless I'm sitting directly in the sun. There are worse things to have, I know, I'd just like to be warm like normal people once in a while. I'd also like it if my office wouldn't kick on the A/C once it hits 50* outside. It's kind of rediculous.

We've finally finished the horrid project I was working on at the office. Good Lord but it was terrible. I've been working on it since November, and it didn't look as though there was any end in sight. I nearly cried when we finished. It's been very pleasant at the office since I've been back on regular work detail. No stress, no anxiety, just work and peace and quiet. Lovely.

Miss Elliegirl is fantastic as usual. We've hit a major whining stage, but I'm working on it with her. That is to say, I'm working on not showing any kind of reaction when she whines. It's hard. So, so hard. It's been a few days now since I decided to stop asking her to stop the whining. Asking seemed to instigate it more. Now I do nothing, and I've noticed everyone is happier. Please let this be the answer because the whine drains me so. Sunday was hell. Let's just say neither Harry nor I had fun that day.

She even got to accompany me here at the office today for a couple of hours which was kickass. I miss her so much during the day, so seeing her and hanging out with her really made me smile. I wish we could do it more often. Once a month for all of us parents would be killer.

She's about to hit 3 and a 1/2, which is unbelievable. How in the hell is she this old already? I look at her, and sometimes it's like looking at an alien or something. Yep, I just called my kid a Martian. And I capitalized Martian.

I've been trucking along on my tattoo sleeve, and it *should* be done by the beginning of June. I hope I hope I hope. It looks amazing so far. I have a sitting on May 4th for my forearm, then the last sitting will be for filler on my upper arm. Woo hoo!

My friend, Kate, is coming up for a visit the same weekend as my birthday and Mother's Day which has me super excited. This will be our first time meeting each other after having talked online for nearly 3 years now. I can't wait to crack open a few beers with her and chat the night away. It's what I do best. Oh, yeah, and her daughter, Chloe, and Ellie should get along famously. Kate and I will make sure to keep the beer-guzzling to a minimum while the kiddies are awake.

We're also getting psyched up for our 4-day trip to Ocean City, MD at the end of June. I've got my dress and shoes for the wedding already, and Ellie's got a couple of dresses to choose from too. We also went out and got new swimsuits. Yes, I got a swimsuit. And yes, I'm going to wear it. Out. In public. And I don't look that bad in it. Holy crap.

Speaking of, I've hit 55 lbs lost so far. I've been at a bit of a standstill this past month, but that's OK. I've also eaten a lot of crap, so I'm actually lucky I didn't gain anything back. I'm back on track as of this week, so I'm hoping to see some results again soon. I need about 10-15 to drop off and then I'm officially done with weight loss. HOLY CRAP. I can't believe I can actually say that. Rock on.

I also got a new haircut a couple of weeks back so I'll post a pic of the new and improved me. I freakin' love it, and I'm planning to keep it up.

I'm out for now. Talk to y'all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...