Wednesday, September 10, 2008

And then it's days like these...

Days like yesterday when Ellie has me laughing hysterically and she's all smiles that tug at my heartstrings and make me wonder how I could ever get angry and frustrated with this amazing little girl.

She still played with her dinner and pitched a small fit when she had to get out of the tub, but it was MY reaction that was different and made the evening so enjoyable.

I've noticed when I'm not stressing and just going with it, Ellie's tantrums and less-than-desirable behavior aren't nearly as fierce. Just like when she was a small baby, she feeds off of the vibes she's getting from me. She senses the tension and frustration in my body language and voice.

This just reaffirms that I do need to work on myself as well as help Ellie steer her stubbornness in the right direction. We need to do this together. We're so connected that it can't just be one or the other. I need to keep reminding myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...