Monday, September 29, 2008

Still sick but chugging along

I'm going on 10 days now with this damn cold. It just won't go away. Wah.

Ok, enough complaining. We had a great weekend. Yay! On Saturday morning, it was just me and Ellie. The last few weeks have been torture going shopping because Ellie pitches a fit the minute we put her in a shopping cart. Grocery shopping was our normal Sat. morning thing, so I've been crushed that Ellie doesn't want to do it anymore. Last week, I actually just went by myself and left her home with Harry because I was feeling so crappy and didn't want to wrestle with a nearly 2 year old in order to purchase our weekly sustenance.

I was originally going to wait until Harry got home from work to go grocery shopping, but Ellie was in such a good mood I decided to venture out on our own. I brought along a new sippy cup (with straw!), hoping that would make the trip more fun for her. And it worked! She was awesome for the entire trip. I know I'm not out of the woods yet, but it was nice nonetheless. I think the cup will be saved for weekends only in the hopes that she'll see it as a treat (I know that's lame, but it it works, I'll take it).

After she woke up from her afternoon nap, we all ventured out to the party store a few towns over to pick up all the stuff for Ellie's upcoming birthday party. I've been scouring internet stores all week looking for Blue's Clues party supplies, but it seems each place only carries certain things. I'd need to order from like 3 different places to get everything I want, and that's just way too much to spend on shipping. My last option was to check out Party City, hoping that since they have most of the stuff on their website, they'd have it at the store.

No deal. They had no Blue's Clues at all. Sadness. So we went with Dora instead. There's tons of Dora stuff to choose from everywhere we go. We even picked up a Dora baseball cap for Ellie, which she wouldn't let go of the entire time we were there. And again, we had another successful shopping trip. There were a shload of people there, too, and she was still cool with it. Hurray!

On Sunday, we had to run out to Home Depot for a few things, and she was cool with that trip, too. We're on a roll now. Please, please, please let this mean she's good with the shopping thing again.

Harry tackled bathroom home improvement this weekend. When we did our home inspection, we found some water damage to the floor immediately in front of the bathtub. We knew we'd have to fix it once we moved in. Harry pulled the flooring up in that area yesterday, replaced all the wood, then put down a new floor. It looks great. The bathroom is still all old fashioned looking, but at least the floor looks better than it did. We know that we're gonna have to demo the whole thing in a few years though, so I can live with the wallpaper and blue tile until then.

Kim and Niko came by for our weekly playdate yesterday, too. Ellie pushed him around again, but we kind of let the kids work it out on their own this time. In the end, they really started playing with one another instead of simply playing alone near each other. It's pretty cool. And Kim and I got to relax and chat for an hour or two. It saves both our sanities.

My mom came by to visit last night, too, which I've really been enjoying since we moved in. Ellie loves seeing her, too. Who would have thought that a new house would bring us even closer together? Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...