Wednesday, April 8, 2009

MD, here we come!

So I realized yesterday that I completely forgot to write about the sister situation with Harry. How did that happen? I can't very well blame it on baby-brain anymore, can I?

The sister that originally got in touch with Harry, K, flaked on us. That's the honest truth. I had been worried about it from the get-go, call it a gut feeling, woman's intuiton, what have you, but I just KNEW it was going to happen.

Lucky enough for us, though, she happened to mention finding Harry to the youngest sister, C. C joined facebook and friend requested Harry just when Harry was ready to sink into a state of melancholy because of the way things were panning out with K. She happened to be on when he accepted the friend request, so they were actually able to chat. She told him how she'd tried to get in touch with him years ago, but his phone had been shut off (true). She even had his old phone number (he couldn't believe it when she typed out his old phone number to him).

They chatted for over an hour, and then I even got to talk to her for a bit. She and I hit it off right away. I liked her positive attitude and outlook on life, and she liked my sarcastic humor (what, me? sarcastic?) By the end of the chat, we were already talking about us coming down to visit sometime soon.

Unfortunate for us, C JUST moved down to MD with her family about 9 months ago. Prior to that, she only lived about 20 minutes away from us. Go figure.

Harry and I checked our calendars at work, and we decided that the end of April would be a perfect time for us to spend a long weekend with his sister and her family. She's just as excited as we are. So are her husband and her 3 kids, a boy of 10 and 2 teenaged girls. I'm sure Ellie would be excited, too, if she even realized we were going somewhere. LOL.

So from April 24-26, we will be on a mini vay cay, spending time with long lost family, lounging around in a hotel (I LOVE hotels), swimming in the indoor pool, taking a trip to the Maryland Zoo, and just all around relaxing (I hope). Oh, and I get to see a camel. Apparently, they live out near my sister-in-law's house. When she told me, I was like, "No way!" She said it nearly scared the shit out of her the first time she saw one. LOL. She promised to take me over to see them so I could be all touristy and snap a few shots.

All in all, I'm so excited this all happened. It sucks that the first sister flaked, but look at what we ended up getting because of her. I think this is going to be an excellent weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...