Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Birthday Plans!

My birthday is next week, May 6th to be exact. Normally, I'm pretty low-key about it, but I'm really rather excited this year. I guess once you're in your 30s, you can start to enjoy them again. I still have a hard time believing I'm going to be 32 years old. Then my joints start to crack, and I realize that my body feels even older than that. Eh.

Every year, Harry asks me what I want for my birthday. And every year, I tell him I don't need anything. This year, I decided there is something I want. His company. On our drive home from MD on Sunday, I asked if he wouldn't mind taking the day off with me. He's all for it!

We're not doing anything really special, just some stuff I want to do. We'll probably go to breakfast, drop Ellie off at daycare, and then I want to plant some flowers. Yeah, I want to garden. Shut up. In all honesty, it's just really hard to do any kind of planting while Ellie's around. This will be the perfect opportunity to get it done.

After that, I want to go see X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I've been totally psyched to see this movie, and my birthday is a perfect excuse to hand over loads of cash for entertainment purposes only.

After that, I want a quiet dinner at home with Harry and Ellie and cake. That's it. See, it doesn't take much to please me.

I also want my mom to watch Ellie the Friday night after because I need to get my geek on and go see the new Star Trek movie. Yes, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...