Monday, October 20, 2008

In a good mood

After my stressful weekend (stress that I bring on myself, I might add), I'm having a stellar day today so far.

Right now, I'm grooving to the new Amanda Palmer album. Her voice is so funky. She reminds me of Niko, the chick that cut a record with the Velvet Underground in the 60s. Not so much in style as in just having a really low voice. Ben Folds rocks on this album. Ben Folds simply rocks in general. I wish I had gotten the book that came with the CD. It's filled with all-things-Gaiman... pics, words, etc.

I also finally managed to buy some new clothes. Since having Ellie, I've had an extremely difficult time buying clothes. I thought my body shape was weird before. Nothing prepared me for mommy-tummy-after-c-section. Yuck.

So here are a few things I picked up and am super excited about wearing:


This lovely pin-striped vest. I got a white button-down shirt to go underneath it; the shirt shown here looks terrible IMO. I was a big fan of the vest back in the 90s, so I've been secretly (not anymore!) happy to see it making a comeback. I love wearing men's style clothing.

I also got this sweater:


It is so freakin' comfortable that I want to live in it.

And lastly, I got this cute little cardigan:



Yay for new clothes!

Even the blemish that popped up on my face this morning can't get me down. And that's saying a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...