Monday, May 4, 2009

I heart Annita


(I stole this pic off her facebook... shhhhh)


(Jess took my most favorite pic of Annita during our Richmond trip. She's just so stinkin' cute)

Last week, I was reading an entry on I Was Never the Girl Next Door, suggesting that everyone take a moment to write a blog about a friend. I immediately thought of my gal, Annita. That's Annita with two n's, not one. Annita informed me that that's the correct way to spell Annita. My cousin, Anita, has been spelling it wrong all these years! Heh heh.

I met Annita on Maya's Mom, a now-defunct online parenting community. Upon first glance, Annita comes off as funny and caring and cool and laid back. She's definitely my kinda girl. We chatted regularly while we were on MM, and when I left, we kept up with each other via email. Now, being as we live like 1000 miles away from each other (I'm guessing... it could actually be more), we keep in touch via facebook.

We started off chatting because of our similar music tastes. Annita LURVES Pearl Jam, so you know she's cool. She's also into DMB, another concert favorite of mine from years past. We talked a lot of concert talk those first few months of our friendship on MM. We had fun laughing at stupid jokes and drooling over Scott Weiland (OK, that was just me). Eventually, we started chatting about more serious stuff... our husbands, our childhoods, our first marriages, our children. We found a lot of similarities in our stories despite the fact that we grew up in different countries with different cultural backgrounds.

If you can't tell from the pics, Annita hails from Cyprus. She's got an unbelievably gorgeous and sexy accent that goes right along with her gorgeous and sexy look. You seriously want to devour her upon sight.

And I finally did get to see her in the flesh this past January. After all the time spent communicating through a computer, we were finally able to see each other face to face during the Richmond meetup this past winter. Annita and I spent a lot of our little weekend trailing behind everyone else, talking, talking, and more talking. We just fit. We learned even more about each other, and I knew right away that I wanted Annita in my life from that point on. That may sound cheesy, but it's true.

I don't think I can really put into words exactly who she is or what she means to me. All I know is I love her to pieces. I could chat with her for hours. She's loving and caring and hilarious and soulful and amazing. Oh, and she has great taste in music and she's hot. Those two things are kinda like the cherry on top.

And I'll hopefully see her again before the year is up. We're planning a trip down to FL hopefully this November or December, and we will most definitely be seeing Annita on that trip (and Becs! Holla!). I'll get to meet her husband and her two beautiful children. We'll have the time to grab a cup of coffee and just enjoy each other's company, lounging in the sun. Man, I wish I could book a flight right now!

So here's to Annita. I love her so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...