Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Goofy Kid

Ellie is a great sleeper. I realize how freakin' lucky I am with that. She needs huge amounts of sleep (like her mommy) and she sleeps heavy (like her daddy). It's a perfect combo, and I hope it sticks with her. A well-rested little girl equals a very happy little girl the next day. I'm all for that.

We had moved her to her big-girl bed (it's a toddler bed) back in December. We were so afraid the new freedom of that bed would be the death of us, but she surprised us by not only staying in bed once we put her in but actually remaining in bed even when she woke up and waiting for us to come get her. How awesome is my kid? Pretty awesome, I know.

That's all starting to change now. For the past few days, she's been getting out of bed a little while after we put her in to go get a book or toy or something. It's not a big deal, although bringing the magna doodle in there the other night was a bit much as it took up a 1/4 of the space of the bed, squishing her into the corner. Usually we hear her, we go in there, and we ask her to play quietly for a few minutes and go to sleep. And she complies.

2 nights ago, I heard her rummaging around over the monitor, so I went in to investigate. And there was no Ellie. She wasn't in bed, she wasn't wandering around the room. And yet, I could hear her. WTF? Where was she, you might ask? She was UNDER the bed, trying to get the blocks she had pushed under there the day before. It's a very small space, and it's completely dark in her room. I still can't believe she got herself under there. I got her out and put her to bed. And she went to sleep.

Last night, I was on my guard, listening intently to the monitor. I heard her talking to her baby dolls for a few minutes, but I didn't hear movement. Eventually she fell asleep. I always check on her before I go to bed, so around 10, I peaked my head in. What did I find? The girl was sleeping. On the floor. Next to the bed. Sigh.

I picked her up and put her back in bed. She opened her eyes and looked at me without fully waking up, then closed them and dozed off again quickly. I pulled the covers up over her, and when I went to get her this morning, she was in the same exact position I put her down in, the covers still over her. This kid sleeps like a log as long as she's comfortable.

So who knows what tonight will hold? Needless to say, I'm going to have to make another bed check before 10pm. Next I'll find her sleeping in one of her dresser drawers or something. My kid is such a goofball.

***************************************************************

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering... Harry had his MRI and ultrasound on Tuesday. The techs at the imaging place said the doc would get the results yesterday, but we haven't gotten a call yet. Harry tried to call yesterday to no avail. So we're still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...