Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So far so good

Last week I made a decision. And it's a big one. Especially for someone like me.

I signed up for Weight Watchers. No, you don't understand, I signed up for Weight Watchers. That same diet plan I've been too chickenshit to try for years for fear of being deprived and hungry all the time. The same plan that people I actually know in real life have used and lost on. And yet, I let my fear get the best of me, and I've never given it a chance.

I started counting points on Friday, and I quickly saw how I could tweak what I'm eating to fit the formula. And I thought to myself, "I can do this. I CAN do this."

And I am. I'm officially on day 2, and I have to say I'm happy. Why? Because, wait for it... I'm not hungry. At all. AND I'm not deprived. AND I remembered that I absolutely love broccoli. How did I forget that? In my "I hate veggies" stance, I had forgotten about poor, delicious broccoli. And I'm eating more veggies than I ever have, and I'm suddenly liking them. Yay!

Now I know I'm only on day 2 and it's usually day 4 that it all starts to get to me when I try some new diet. I start to shake and cry because WAH! I can't have chocolate or ice cream. The thing is... I CAN have chocolate. And ice cream. And chocolate ice cream. Last night, I had a bowl of one of my fave flavors of frozen yogurt, mocha fudge. And dude, it's soooo good. I highly recommend it.

So I'm really giving this thing a shot. And I've even started taking walks on my lunch break. I also peaked at the scale, and I'm losing. That's always going to be my biggest incentive, even though I know feeling healthier should be #1. Seeing the scale move always makes me giddy.

So wish me luck on this new endeavor. I plan on sticking to it. I have a support system, both in friends that are doing this thing with me and my husband who's eating the dinners I'm preparing for myself (he's eating 2 portions though). Today, I feel really good, happy, healthier, and carrying less stress on my shoulders (even though the stupid search engine STILL isn't working - pffft).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...