Monday, May 18, 2009

Results

Harry just got a call from his doctor. It's not diabetes. It's hypothyroidism. Because of Harry's mom's medical history (a brain tumor she had operated on) and his grandfather's history (a brain tumor that killed him), his doctor is worried and wants to get an ultrasound of his thyroid and an MRI of his brain pronto. I'm trying not to freak here. They may get him in for the tests as soon as this afternoon. I'm hoping they do so we get some more answers quickly.

If the tests come back OK, his hypothyroidism can be treated easily with a pill a day he'll most likely have to take for the rest of his life. I'm sure he can deal with that. I've been doing it for my low iron for a couple of years now, and it's no big deal.

Now that we know and I've done a little research, I see where all of his other problems (dry skin being the most prominent and untreatable for all these years) came from. No one's ever bothered to check his thyroid before.

Please keep sending positive vibes his way. We really need them. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...