Friday, May 29, 2009

Results (both Harry's and Mine)

Harry's doctor contacted him this morning with the findings from his MRI and ultrasound. The good news is his MRI came back clear. I'm extremely relieved. The not-so-good news is that the ultrasound shows a nodule on his thyroid. The doctor called it a colloid nodule, which means it's benign, but really, without a biopsy and more blood work down, she can't really know that. She wants to see Harry again in 3 weeks for a physical exam of his thyroid (you can sometimes feel the nodules) and a sit down to talk about and possibly find out what caused it in the first place. He's also going to have more blood work done in 2 weeks so they can go over that as well.

As much as I'd love to be good with just an exam and blood drawn, I'd feel better if he got a biopsy (which she's already hinted at). It's the only way to really be sure it's benign. They do a thin needle biopsy for it, done in a doctor's office with a local. They can do a scan, too, but since they've already done the ultrasound and can see it, I think the scan is overkill. So that's where we're at right now. I was so worried about the MRI that I didn't even think she'd find something on his thyroid. I'll admit it kind of took me by surprise. The idea of The Big C frightens me to know end, so I'm just going to think positive about all of this. I have to. Harry seems OK, so that's good. I have to be OK, too.

*****************************************************

And my results for the week... I'm down another 2.4 lbs for a total of 7 lbs in 3 weeks. I am very happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...