Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Good Day!

We're two for two! Ellie was a doll last night. She ate her dinner, she listened, like really listened when I spoke to her, and there were no tantrums. Best of all, I was already in a good mood, and Ellie's good mood put me in a fantastic mood. Can't beat that.

And why was I in such a good mood? A simple shirt is the culprit. Last year, I bought this really pretty charcoal grey, button-down shirt that barely fit. The sleeves were tight, it just buttoned without looking like it was bursting, etc. It was flattering for my size, but I wished it was just the tiniest bit bigger.

I haven't worn the shirt in awhile, mostly because as pretty as it was, it made me feel rather large because of the fit. Yesterday, I decided to pull it out of the closet and see if it looked any better on me now that I've lost 18 lbs. Holy crap! It's friggin' loose. Even the arms are loose, which had me doing a happy dance since losing weight in my arms is the most difficult and stubborn area of my body to lose.

I just couldn't believe it. It almost looked like a maternity shirt! Lucky for me, that's kind of the style now so no one asked if I was knocked up. Heh heh. Another 10 lbs, and I won't even be able to wear it anymore. I may just get it tailored I love it that much.

This weekend, I also bought a few storage bins and packed away all my larger clothes. It was very cathartic. I hope I never have to see them again. Yeah, I know you're supposed to throw them out, but I'm just not ready to do that yet. I did that seven years ago and ended up having to buy all new clothes a few years later. I hate wasting money.

I think I can start wearing all my smaller clothes that have been sitting idly by for the past few years, waiting to be used again. That's exciting too. I especially love my summer dresses that I can now fit in again. Love it, love it.

I need more days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...