Friday, July 10, 2009

I should bake cookies more often!

Since my little sister let the cat out of the bag and told my older sister about her wedding shower (at least it wasn't me!), I can talk about it here I guess. I'm actually really looking forward to it. I get a little "girl time", which is always nice, and I get to see some of my family as well. Debby's best friend since high school, Linda, is helping my nieces throw it, so I know it's going to be a really lovely occasion. She asked if I'd make cookies (she saw the Christmas pics on Facebook... my secret life as a baker is out!), and of course I said yes.

Yes... I agreed to bake cookies... while on weight watchers... in the middle of the summer. Dumbass.

Lucky for me, it's been a very cool week here in CT, so the house didn't overheat with the oven on for hours at a time. On Monday, I whipped up the oatmeal carmelitas and peanut butter blossoms(I use shortening instead of butter for these) since they can chill in the fridge for a few days. I also made the dough for 2 more huge batches of cookies, the Reeses chewy chocolate cookies and plain old sugar cookies. I spent over 3 hours baking and mixing that night. Whew!

Last night, I baked the Reeses and sugar cookie doughs, bagged them and refrigerated/freezed them. I ended up making huge batches of the peanut butter blossoms, caramelitas, and Reeses and splitting them in half so I could freeze some for Debby's wedding next month (I is smart... SMRT!).

And through all of that, I didn't eat one cookie. Not one! Me, the cookie binger, managed not to even nibble a delectable morsel of chocolatey baked goodness. How's that for willpower?

And the payoff? I lost 3.2 lbs this week. Seriously! That brings me up to 18 lbs lost in 9 weeks. Ha! Take that you stupid, delicious cookies. In your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...