Tuesday, July 15, 2008

10 Memorable Vacation Moments

In no particular order:



1. I have to start with Maui 2004. South Maluaka Beach, Makena. On the little cliff to the left of the main beach behind the Maui Prince Hotel. February 4, 2004 at 6pm. This was when and where Harry and I said our vows.



2. Also Maui 2004. We went on a whale watching tour the day after we got married. 10 minutes into our 2 hour tour, we spotted not one but five whales. To see the pod in action was one of the most amazing moments of our lives so far.

3. A family trip to Maine back in the 80s. My parents took us to Cadillac Mountain. Very cool.

4. Our Camden, ME trip in 2003. Harry and I took our first vacation together about 6 months before we got married. We stayed 5 days at a bed and breakfast on Maine's coast. During that trip, I brought Harry to Cadillac Mountain because he had never been there. So worth all the extra driving.

5. Another family trip to Maine back in the 80s. We used to have our family friends, the Bertinis, come along for our 2 week vacations up at The Camp (what we call our family cottage in Oakland). On one particular vacation, we were all playing on the rope swings, and Jen fell and broke her arm. That moment still gets talked about everytime we get together.

6. Maui 2005. A submarine ride. 'Nuff said.

7. Los Angeles, CA 2000. I got my first tattoo done by Miss April Love at Malu Tattoo. Hence my addiction began.

8. Los Angeles, CA 2000. Santa Monica. My first glimpse of the Pacific Ocean. Shopping on the 3rd Street Promenade. Just an awesome day in general.

9. Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario 1990. We had driven the 18 hours to go to my cousin's wedding. It was well worth it because I had my first international crush during that 10-day stay. My cousin's future husband's nephew, Adriano. I crushed hard that summer for a boy who lived 1000 miles away.

10. The Poconos 2006. The place was utterly cheesy, and we were bored out of our minds. So why does this make the list? Our 2+ years battle with infertility came to an end. One little moment gave us our miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...