Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Favorites

I've heard moms and dads talking about their kids having one particular security item they need for naps and road trips and the like. Ellie's never been that way. She's never decided she needed a certain toy (or any toy for that matter) for short trips and nighttime.

Then this past week, that all changed. Suddenly, Ellie has been carting around her blanket a la Linus from the Peanuts Gang. I've got to admit, it's really cute. I know everyone is probably shouting, "Stop this behavior now, Alicia!" I, for one, think that it's just all part of growing up.

I had already noticed this past month that she hugs it while she sleeps instead of keeping it draped over her body. Occasionally, she uses it as a pillow. Now she brings it with her as I'm getting her out of her crib in the morning, she watches TV with it, etc. She's been really good about giving it to me for meals and when we have to leave the house (luckily, I talked her into leaving it in her toybin yesterday morning before daycare; she was ready to take it in the car). I'm fairly certain we're going to have a few tantrums over it eventually, but I'll deal with that when we get to it.

Ellie has also now shown a major preference for a particular TV show. She's always been a Curious George, Jack's Big Music Show, Sesame Street, and The Upside Down Show fan, but she's never actually asked to watch a certain one. And then we introduced Blues Clues last month, and the rest is history. She floored me a couple of weeks ago when I asked her if she'd like to watch TV, and she said, "Blues Clues!" complete with jazz hands. Holy crap! She had only seen the show like 4 or 5 times. She took to it that quickly.

So now she constantly wants to watch Blues Clues (which doesn't really bother me cuz I actually like the show). And she has a host preference, too; Steve over Joe. I'm not sure if she's picking that vibe up from me, or if she came to that conclusion all on her own. All I know is, my little girl loves that little blue dog. She does the "think, think, think" part of the song, again with hand gestures, she can bark like blue, and she LOVES when I sing the mail song.

Now I have to get my hands on a Blue stuffed animal. Ty makes a beanie; I think I"ll be ordering one once we move into the new house.

Speaking of... Friday is closing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...