Thursday, July 3, 2008

Of course there's a glitch in the plans

It never fails. Almost every time Harry and I schedule time for just the two of us, something ends up happening. Today was no exception.

Poor Ellie has pink eye AGAIN. She got it at 2 months old, 11 months old, and now 20 months old. She's on a 9 month schedule apparently.

We caught it really early this time, so the antibiotics are already doing their stuff. Her eyes didn't even really get a chance to get all gross. And she doesn't really seem to be in pain, although she was a little crabby today. Hopefully, that won't happen again tomorrow.

So we didn't get to go see Indiana Jones today. Sadness.

Last night went really well, though. Almost every single morsel of food was consumed. I think this is the first time we've had practically no leftovers after a cookout. There's just a little pasta salad left. That's it.

Everyone had a great time, my sister showed up drunk and falling out of her clothes (typical), and I had a really good chat with my cousin, Anita. I wish she lived closer. We're hoping we'll be able to make a trip out there way in a couple of years. It's like an 18 hour drive, so it won't be anytime soon. Ellie can't handle that much time in a car.

They're going back home this weekend, and it'll probably be 2 or 3 more years before I see them again. Their time here is always too short. I'm gonna miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...