Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What's going on this weekend

I have a wonderful 4 day weekend starting tomorrow. I'm ecstatic. Harry actually got a total of 9 days off this week (2 weekends, the 4th, and 4 vacation days because of shutdown). I couldn't do the same because I have to take a week off in August while Ellie's daycare provider goes on vacation. Lucky me, that vacation falls only a week after we close on our new home. Looks like I'll be spending a lot of that time unpacking.

Our weekend plans actually start this evening. My aunt and cousins are in from Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario for the week, and I've invited them to our house for a cookout. Nothing fancy, just some hot dogs, sausage burgers topped with peppers and onions, a chicken and pasta salad, and grilled corn-on-the-cob. Mmmmm. Oh, and brownies topped with strawberries for dessert. Yum.

Tomorrow, Harry and I will drop Ellie off at daycare for a WE-day. Yay! We'll most likely go to Chip's for breakfast (I'm sure Cristina's mouth has instantly started watering at the name), and we'll finally get to see the new Indiana Jones movie tomorrow afternoon. I was lucky enough to find a theatre still playing it.

On Friday, my mom is coming over for a cookout, and then we're going over to my dad's to see my aunt and cousins again before they head home. We'll be staying away from the mousetraps. Yes, they're still there.

We don't have any plans for Saturday or Sunday, which is how I like it. Our weekends are going to be so jam-packed once we move (closing is July 25th!) that I want to relish in the laziness as much as possible. Of course, we still have to pack up all our stuff, so I can't be nearly as lazy as I'd like.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that our home inspection went very well. The inspector actually congratulated Harry on finding the house. THAT was awesome to hear. We just need to do a few minor things after we move in, but there's nothing that needs immediate attention.

We've decided to put in a dishwasher, a gas stove, and new countertops the first week, along with a gas water heater. And we're ripping out the carpets right after signing all the papers; there are lovely oak hardwood floors underneath. I'm thrilled. We'll be painting on closing day, as well, and my wonderful friend, Lea, has even offered to help. Lea, I love you, girl.

So just a little over 3 weeks to go. We got all the loan stuff taken care of yesterday (that number that shows how much you'll pay after the 30 years is up is extremely scary), and now it's just basically a waiting game. Sigh. I want my house now, damnit. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...